Existing Business Support
St. Landry Parish Economic Development (SLED) recognizes significant economic development growth in a community is generated by existing businesses. To help nurture this growth SLED works closely with local businesses to:
- Learn company goals and objectives, products and services, and customers and suppliers.
- Identify common issues, address concerns, and help remove obstacles encountered in daily operations through a connection of multiple resources.
- Build a better business community by acting on information received from local business leaders.
Retaining businesses and fostering existing business growth is an important priority and SLED assists existing businesses with finding expansion locations in St. Landry
- Works with local businesses to provide assistance with numerous issues including permit requirements, workforce development, training and networking.
- Reports activities to SLED's Board of Commissioners to demonstrate how critical local businesses are to St. Landry Parish's economy.
- Provides current and up-to-date information through multiple outlets to Parish businesses on relevant issues affecting their daily operations.
- Coordinates timely and meaningful seminar programs by partnering with local business resources and institutions.