St. Landry Economic Development (SLED), is committed to Moving St Landry Parish Forward through exemplary leadership and a forward looking strategy of economic and community development initiatives designed to bring growth and prosperity to St. Landry Parish businesses, communities, its clients and youth.
SLED's responsibilities may be summarized as follows:
- Develop and implement long-term Parish economic development policy.
- Foster economic development collaboration among Parish leaders, citizens and businesses.
- Market the Parish's business advantages together with both other initiatives/incentives.
- Serve as the primary contact when the Parish receives business-related inquiries.
Assist Existing Businesses
- Be a technical resource to the Parish's business community.
- Encourage existing Parish businesses to invest and expand where/when appropriate.
- Visit/interview existing businesses to gauge specific business needs and general business climate.
- Respond to local business needs and serve as business community liaison with Parish.
Encourage New Business
- Provide local entrepreneurs with guidance and resources for their start-up ventures.
- Provide training resources/information to small businesses and start-up ventures.
- Provide operations and marketing support for the Cajun Acceleration Station.
Recruit/Relocate Out-Of-Town Businesses
- Respond to commercial prospect inquiries whether sourced in house or via regional partners.
- Expand the Parish supply of available commercial and industrial sites and buildings.
- Be a strategic resource and facilitator to groups looking to develop sites within the Parish.